Central TexasOctober 20 – 22, 2023
Registration and Payment
Before you register, please read our FAQs about registering, location, travel, etc.
(Regrettably, because of an extreme new Canadian law, along with hostile Canadian media and activists, we are unable to accept Canadian residents as participants in Journey Into Manhood.)
Time and Location Details
About 4-6 weeks before the workshop, we will send you a Welcome Email with detailed information about the specific location, making travel arrangements, what to bring, etc. (For confidentiality reasons, we don’t give out the specific location of the event except to men who have paid at least the minimum deposit of $250.)
In the meantime, in order to plan your travel, you should know:
- The closest major airports to the event are the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) (about 140 miles away) and the George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) in Houston (about 150 miles away). Each is about a 2 ½ hour drive from the camp and conference center where we will hold the event.
- We start at 2 p.m. Friday and end about 5 p.m. Sunday.
- We will try to arrange carpools with other participants from the airport to the site and back, when feasible. You may not have to rent a car from the airport. There will be more information about that in the Welcome Email.
$250 deposit holds your space
Early-bird Registration Fee
We must receive the full $525 payment (including any deposit) by September 1. (It is not enough to pay just the deposit before September 1.)
Regular Registration Fee
We must receive your full payment (including any deposit) by October 10, unless you have been pre-approved for a payment plan. (See next column)
Apply for Aid
Two types of financial assistance are available:
- Partial sponsorships (or grants), ranging from $100 to $440. Recipients will still likely need to pay or raise at least $250 on their own.
- Payment plans. These are usually about $100 a month after paying the $250 deposit up front.
A refundable deposit is required before we can consider your application for financial aid. (If you cannot afford the full $250 deposit, pay as much of it as you can afford now.)
More details on our Financial Aid page
Brothers and Friends
A man who experiences unwanted same-sex attractions can bring a non-SSA supporter (mentor, friend, or family member) at a joint discounted rate.
$850 for both men
(equal to $425 each)
- Early-bird rate does not apply to the Brothers and Friends discount
- Both men must register at the same time to qualify
$400 deposit to hold space for both
Full payment due by October 19.